BREAKING NEWS

BREAKING NEWS

Bedroom destroyed by fire in town

NORTHAMPTON – A fire destroyed a bedroom in a house Wednesday on County Highway 123, an official said.

Northville Volunteer Fire Department Fire Chief Thomas Groff said there was a fire at 1287 County Highway 123, after the improper use of a candle led to a blaze.

The fire was put out quickly, Groff said, with the fire contained to a bedroom.

No injuries were reported, and the family of four received food and lodging assistance from the American Red Cross.