BREAKING NEWS

BREAKING NEWS

Release: Small fire at FM housing

JOHNSTOWN – A small fire broke out in a suite at FMCC’s student housing early Sunday morning, a news release said.

The fire – at Campus View student housing’s Raider?Hall – occurred at about 2:30 a.m. Sunday, according to the release from Fulton-Montgomery?Community?College. The fire was contained to a trash pail in one suite. The sprinkler in the suite extinguished the fire. All students were safely evacuated to other residence halls, the release said.

“The incident seems to have been caused by a student smoking in his room,” the release said.

About five other suites sustained minor water damage from water on the floor, the release said. The water was cleaned up and the college is putting dehumidifiers in the rooms to dry them out.?Students should be able to return to their rooms today, the release said.