Amsterdam police arrest 7
AMSTERDAM – City police said seven people were arrested Friday after authorities executed search and arrest warrants.
Police said those facing the charge of third-degree criminal sale of a controlled substance, a felony, include:
- Angel?Rodriguez-Morales, 28, of 49 James St., first floor.
- Giovania Matias, 38, of 49 James St., first floor.
- Denise Reyes, 40, of 92 Union?St., apartment 2.
- Jean Carlos Arce-Santiago, 26, of 159 Division?St., apartment 2.
- Elizabeth Perez, 28, of 159 Division?St., apartment 2.
- Vivian?Rivera, 28, of 11 Clinton?St., apartment 1. Rivera also was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation.
- Steven Velasquez, 26, of 31 Carmichael St., apartment 2. Police said Velasquez also was charged with third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a felony, for possessing more than a 1/2 ounce of cocaine during the warrant service. Velasquez also had an outstanding bench warrant from?City?Court for failure to appear.
Police said Rodriguez-Morales, Matias, Arce-Santiago and Perez were charged for heroin sales. Police said Velasquez, Rivera and Reyes each face the charge for cocaine sales.
Police said at about 6 a.m. Friday, authorities executed two search warrants and five arrest warrants at various locations in the city. Police said the warrants were related to the sale of cocaine and heroin that occurred over the course of a two-month investigation.
During the service of the warrants, police said, more than a 1/2 ounce of cocaine, about $3,400 in currency, and various drug paraphernalia were seized.
Police said all of the defendants were arraigned in?City?Court.
Police said officers executed the warrants in conjunction with the state police and the Montgomery?County Sheriff’s Department.
Montgomery?County District?Attorney James “Jed” Conboy assisted with the investigation.