B-P district sets 2013-14 tax rates
BROADALBIN – The Broadalbin-Perth Central School District Board of Education recently approved tax rates for 2013-14.
Voters approved a $30 million budget in May. The tax levy was projected to increase 3.36 percent. The Board of Education on Monday unanimously approved the tax levy of $13.3 million.
The actual tax rates for each town is as follows:
- Broadalbin: $19.12 per $1,000 of assessed property value, an increase of 2.66 percent.
- Edinburg: $29.94, an increase of 4.94 percent.
- Galway: $29.94, an increase of 4.93 percent.
- Johnstown: $21.49, an increase of 3.61 percent.
- Mayfield: $22.65, an increase of 3.54 percent.
- Northampton: $25.02, an increase of 3.4 percent.
- Perth: $28.90, a 0.23 percent decrease.
- Providence: $79.84, a 10.18 percent increase.