Alcohol sting leads to charges
Local authorities arrested four people after a recent alcohol sting, the Montgomery?County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release.
A person younger than 21 was sent into businesses throughout Montgomery?County that sell alcohol. At four businesses, the release said, the person was sold alcohol.
The four charged with unlawful dealing with a minor – a misdemeanor – were:
- Carolyn M. Caringi, 50, of 553 County Highway 114, St. Johnsville, at Lombardo’s in?St. Johnsville.
- Natalie L. Bartholomew, 24, of 8 Lavender Lane, Fultonville, at The Elephant?Bistro in?Canajoharie.
- William R. Ashford, 53, of 35 Church?St., Cherry?Valley, at The Stockyard in Sprakers.
- Ashley K. Allen, 23, of 116 Marys Lane, Fultonville, at The Meadowbrook in Fultonville.
All four were issued appearance tickets.
The release said at three businesses, the person was properly identified and denied alcohol. Those three businesses were:
- Ripepi’s in?St. Johnsville.
- Cosmo’s in St. Johnsville.
- Iroquois Lanes in Canajoharie.