Local groups, residents set for cleanup effort Saturday
GLOVERSVILLE – The Fulton Montgomery Regional Chamber of Commerce and the Fulton County Board of Realtors are sponsoring Fulton County Clean Up Day on Saturday between 9 a.m. and noon.
More than 500 Fulton County residents representing 23 groups will help clean up the roads, byways, and parks of the region Saturday, a news release said, or have participated in cleaning up areas the week prior to the event.
The chamber and Board of Realtors sponsor this county wide clean-up effort to coincide with our Think Clean, Go Green initiatives, to assist in preparing the area for the tourism season, the release said, as well as to instill pride in Fulton County, its residents, and businesses.
For more information, call the Chamber at 725-0641 or the Fulton County Board of Realtors at 725-5523.
Participants scheduled for Saturday include:
- One-hundred-plus groups at Lexington cleaning Downtown Johnstown-Main Street and side streets.
- Members of the Broadalbin-Perth Lions Club will clean the Visitor Center and Rail Trail in Broadalbin.
- Members of the Gloversville Boys & Girls Club will clean Rail Station Park and parts of the FJ&G Rail Trail in Gloversville.
- ?Employees of Euphrates, Inc. will clean up the Johnstown Industrial Park.
- People from GWAC will clean Prospect Hill Cemetery.
- Members of the North Main Street United Methodist Church will clean North Main St. from Seventh Avenue to Wandell Park in Gloversville.
- Members of the Peck’s Lake Protective Association will be cleaning North and South Shore Road and Route 29A toward Caroga.
- Members of Cub Scout Pack 69 will clean the Rail Trail at Frog’s Hollow.